Relay Express, established in 1986, is a Logistical Solutions Provider specializing in logistical warehousing, inventory management, cross-dock distribution, first mile and final mile delivery, and on-demand transportation needs. With locations throughout the Midwest, Relay Express is positioned to provide warehousing, local pick-up and delivery, and a variety of on-demand solutions on short notice.
Relay Express was founded in February 1986 on the vision and optimism of Mike Bernecker, Matt Seiter and Robert Smith. Through a belief in hard work and a mindset to do anything it took to get the job done for their customers, Mike, Matt and Bob set Relay Express on a path to growth that continues today. At that time, each employee did everything necessary to satisfy customers while driving the business forward. That “intrapreneurial” spirit is the foundation for our success.
Since 1986, Relay Express has expanded our reach to service Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, and Western New York. The company evolved from a focus on local pick-up and delivery into a full service Logistical Solutions Provider.
Relay Express has been perennially recognized for its wide variety of Logistical Solutions and customer service, including INC. Magazine’s fastest growing private companies, Cincinnati Magazine’s best, FedEx New Carrier of the Year.
The company’s growth focused approach has evolved over time into an opportunistic vision for the business.
Contact us to learn how our unique mindset and commitment to customer service can come to life for your specific needs.
- 24 Hour Service 365 Days/Year Staffed On-Site
- Secure Facilities
- Motion-Activated Security Cameras
- Monitored Entry with Pin Code Door Locks
- Facility Entry Log for All Visitors/Drivers
- Caged High-Security Area
- Professional Uniformed Drivers — Photo ID Badges
- Criminal Background Checks & Drug Screening
- TSA Certified Upon Request
- Certified as an IAC Agent
- DOT Compliant — “Satisfactory” Rating
- Member of Professional Associations such as: International Logistics Warehouse Association, Express Carriers Association, Customized Delivery and Logistics Association, Clinical Laboratory Management Association, Truckload Carriers Association, Ohio Transportation Association
- Logistical Warehousing
- Inventory Management
- Cross-Dock Distribution
- Final Mile Delivery
- On-Demand Solutions
- Expedited Freight
- Next Flight Out Capabilities
- Specialized Transportation including Medical and Pharmaceutical
- Mail Injection
- Shipper System Integration
- ASN, EDI & XML Equipped
- OS&D Reporting
- Fully Customizable
- Online Order Entry & Tracking
- Barcode Scanning & Signature Capture
- Real-Time POD’s
- Address Validation & Geo-Coding
- GPS Tracking
Relay Express is fully insured. Below is an overview of our coverage:
- Commercial General Liability: $1 Million/$2 Million
- Automobile Liability: $1 Million
- Motor Truck Cargo: $100,000